Math and Architecture Activities:
1. Pick an architecture period (Baroque, classical, postmodern, renaissance, gothic). Find out the characteristics of that period and how it was show in the architecture.
2. Explore pages like http://www.howstuffworks.com/ to find how ancient structures, skyscrapers, and bridges are designed and built. For example, check out The Falkirk Wheel in Scotland.
3. Find the math behind arches, buttresses, windows, and walls.
4. Pick an architect (Mies van der Rohe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Antoni Gaudi, IM Pei, Le Corbusier, Frank Gehry) and find the characteristics of their designs.
5. Art Project – study a period of architecture and design (2D or 3D) a treehouse, a restaurant, and a car in that style.