Activities in Fractals:
1. Begin with showing students how to create a Sierpinski Carpet.
2. Watch the PBS documentary Fractals: Hunting the Hidden Dimension.
3. Check out “How Fractals Work” on howstuffworks.com http://science.howstuffworks.com/math-concepts/fractals.htm
4. Watch Vi Hart’s video “Dragons” about fractals
5. Do some independent research on fractals: where they occur in nature, how fractals are used in the movies, how are they used in the stock market, how are fractals connected to chaos.
6. Check out Bob Devaney’s (NCTM speaker) page http://math.bu.edu/people/bob/
7. Make a fractal card from Shephali chokshi-Fox (NCTM speaker)